Amazon Advertising is one of Amazon’s fastest growing and most profitable businesses, responsible for defining and delivering a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products and solutions are strategically important to enable our Retail and Marketplace businesses to drive long-term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks and break fresh ground in product and technical innovations every day!
Amazon’s Global Creative Success (GCS) team drives advertiser success on and off Amazon through creative effectiveness, ad policy, and retail expertise. GCS provides creative strategy and tactical advice on making online advertising more enjoyable, engaging, and performant. By using computer vision, natural language processing, statistics, and machine learning we create data-driven insights and recommendations for our thousands of advertisers across the globe.
You will join a group of highly talented Scientists and Engineers with diverse background to design, prototype, and implement models to deliver impacts directly to customers. You will also have the opportunity to present your work in science communities and to leadership.
As the Data Science Manager on this team, you will:
- Lead the team of scientists on solving science problems with a high degree of complexity and ambiguity.
- Perform hands-on data analysis, build machine-learning models, run regular A/B tests, and communicate the impact to senior management.
- Develop science roadmaps, run annual planning, and foster cross-team collaboration to execute complex projects.
- Hire and develop top talent, provide technical and career development guidance to scientists in the organization.
- Analyze historical data to identify trends and support optimal decision making.
- Apply statistical and machine learning knowledge to specific business problems and data.
- Formalize assumptions about how our systems should work, create statistical definitions of outliers, and develop methods to systematically identify outliers. Work out why such examples are outliers and define if any actions needed.
- Given anecdotes about anomalies or generate automatic scripts to define anomalies, deep dive to explain why they happen, and identify fixes.
- Build decision-making models and propose effective solutions for the business problems you define.
- Conduct written and verbal presentations to share insights to audiences of varying levels of technical sophistication.
Why you will love this opportunity:
Amazon has invested heavily in building a world-class advertising business. This team defines and delivers a collection of advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our solutions generate billions in revenue and drive long-term growth for Amazon’s Retail and Marketplace businesses. We deliver billions of ad impressions, millions of clicks daily, and break fresh ground to create world-class products. We are a highly motivated, collaborative, and fun-loving team with an entrepreneurial spirit - with a broad mandate to experiment and innovate.
Impact and Career Growth:
You will invent new experiences and influence customer-facing shopping experiences to help suppliers grow their retail business and the auction dynamics that leverage native advertising; this is your opportunity to work within the fastest-growing businesses across all of Amazon! Define a long-term science vision for our advertising business, driven from our customers' needs, translating that direction into specific plans for research and applied scientists, as well as engineering and product teams. This role combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus, and business understanding.
Team video ~ https://youtu.be/zD_6Lzw8raE
- 5+ years of building quantitative solutions as a scientist or science manager experience
- 2+ years of scientists or machine learning engineers management experience
- 5+ years of applying statistical models for large-scale application and building automated analytical systems experience
- Knowledge of Python or R or other scripting language
- Master’s degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics, machine learning or equivalent quantitative field
- Experience in a least one area of Machine Learning (NLP, Regression, Classification, Clustering, or Anomaly Detection)
- Experience with fairness in machine learning and artificial intelligence to detect and remove bias in ML/AI systems
- Experience in ETL management/data pipeline
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $140,100/year in our lowest geographic market up to $272,400/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.#