Data Science Manager - Ad TechFull time
Our mission on the Advertising Product & Technology team is to build a next generation advertising platform that aligns with our unique value proposition for audio and video. We work to scale the user experience for hundreds of millions of fans and hundreds of thousands of advertisers. This scale brings unique challenges as well as tremendous opportunities for our artists and creators. Location
Do you want to join a growing, collaborative multi-disciplinary insights team? Do you want to use your skills and experience to grow a culture of data informed decision making in product development? We are looking for an expert leader in data science to lead a cross-disciplinary insights team to help craft product and platform strategies that are rooted in evidence, and deliver on a qualitative and quantitative insights roadmap. Your work will help Spotify deliver an excellent Free listener experience and first class promotional products for our advertisers across both music and podcasts. Our advertising platform currently supports a billion dollar advertising business, and you’ll work to build personalized, engaging and performant ad formats and experiences.
What You’ll Do
- You will lead, run and grow a team of Product Insights Data Scientists within Spotify Advertising; setting priorities with the team to improve influence and impact in the organization.
- You will be hands-on and crucial to the success of data science projects. You’ll be accountable for the overall strategy, daily execution, and success of your team.
- Work closely with partners across Product Management, Engineering, Design and Sales to deliver impactful findings and recommendations with a goal of building a next generation advertising platform.
- You will collaborate with user research on mixed-methods insights and recommendations.
- You will work on iterative product improvement through efficient experimentation and causal analysis and build lasting solutions to surface critical data and performance metrics.
- Use your strategic skills to communicate findings through digestible data stories that connect to the business and impact decision making for our partners.
- Build project roadmaps to provide strategic direction aligned with product teams goals
Who You Are
- 1+ years of experience as a people-manager
- 8+ years of overall experience in a product-focused data science role and a degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative subject areas
- You have worked closely with product, engineering and design and know how data science can most effectively contribute during the product development lifecycle
- You value cross-disciplinary work and understand how to integrate qualitative research with your quantitative analysis
- You are capable of tackling ambiguous problem spaces and challenges, are a self-starter and able to manage your team’s projects through planning, scoping, conducting, analyzing and presenting research
- You have technical competence to perform sophisticated analytics: coding skills for analytics and data extraction (such as SQL, Python, Pandas, R), data visualization skills to distill insights (such as Tableau, ggplot) and statistical analysis skills to tease out patterns from noise
- You have deep expertise in A/B testing and are able to craft effective experiments to measure the impact of product features on user behavior and business metrics
- You effectively connect with a wide range of cross-functional partners: you able to both explain sophisticated concepts to non-technical stakeholders and have technical discussions with engineers
Where You’ll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode that is best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration.
Our global benefits
- Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
- Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
- Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
- All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
- Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.