TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
Creation is the core of TikTok’s purpose. Our platform is built to help imaginations thrive. This is doubly true of the teams that make TikTok possible. Together, we inspire creativity and bring joy - a mission we all believe in and aim towards achieving every day. To us, every challenge, no matter how difficult, is an opportunity; to learn, to innovate, and to grow as one team. Status quo? Never. Courage? Always. At TikTok, we create together and grow together. That’s how we drive impact - for ourselves, our company, and the communities we serve.
The e-commerce industry has seen tremendous growth in recent years and has become a hotly contested space amongst leading Internet companies, and its future growth cannot be underestimated. With millions of loyal users globally, we believe TikTok is an ideal platform to deliver a brand new and better e-commerce experience to our users. We are looking for passionate and talented Data Science Leader to join us and help to make some impact on the TikTok Shop user product globally. Together we can build an e-commerce ecosystem that is innovative, secure and intuitive for our users.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for data analysis of TikTok e-commerce’s global user products independently, including shoptab products, transaction products, etc.;
- Measure performance of each e-commerce product across countries and regions, and provide product optimization suggestions
- Design the event tracking system for each module of global e-commerce products, verify the accuracy of event tracking system after release, and maintain the event tracking system and specifications in subsequent versions
- Describe the situation of business, explain the fluctuations of business and provide valuable suggestions with reports
- Design the monitoring systems independently to reflect any changes of business in time
- Design A/B test, and give the optimal product design scheme according to the data performance after launch
- Cooperate with PM/Ops/R&D teams to promote the implementation of optimization schemes, and to bring about the actual improvement and growth of business
- Cooperate with R&D and Data PM to build data systems and user-friendly data products to support business
- Bachelor’s degree or above, major in mathematics, statistics, computer science is preferred; or major in science or engineering or engaged in data statistics, analysis, modeling related working areas after graduation
- At least 7 years of working experience in data science track, and have a good business sense in e-commerce; product analysis is preferred;
- At least 3 years of people management experience required
- Proficient in SQL/Hive/Python or R， experienced in massive data manipulation, machine learning & modeling
- Solid technical & knowledge of A/B testing methodologies, can consistently explore and find the best practice
- Insightful data sense and rigorous logical mindset, capable of providing systematic approachs to solve business problems
- Global working experience or analytical experience is preferred
- Written and verbal English skills are required for daily communications with global teams
- Have a strong learning ability and curiosity; familiar with starting a new business; able to lead a team to support business
- Have a strong ability to work under pressure, have the courage to overcome difficulties, and accept challenges
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at email@example.com
【For Pay Transparency】Compensation Description (annually)
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $227250 - $459040 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
Our company benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support our employees to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off (PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.