Data Science Lead - TikTok Global MusicFull time
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
As a member of the Data Science team, you will work with diverse and highly collaborative teams of product managers, engineers, and other data analysts to drive product impact. You will be working on exciting projects to provide the best user experiences to create, consume and enjoy content on our Music app or TikTok. You will have the opportunity to define metrics and identify opportunities from one of the richest data sets in the world, and convert insights into real changes, for both new initiatives and scaled products. You are a self-starter who is excited about data, excels in product logic thinking, clear communication, and brings distinctive problem-solving skills and impeccable business judgment.
As a Data Scientist working on products, you will identify new product opportunities, apply rigorous analytical methods, and drive sustainable product impact. The ideal candidate will have a background in using data to guide business decisions and will have experience with launching new product features.
About the team
The Global Music Data Science team is responsible for all data science work in the music business. Including product optimization, user growth, monetization, content strategy, etc. Our team is committed to using data science and analytics to help the music business grow faster. In fact, we have driven multiple product and monetization strategies to help the business achieve user retention growth and ROI improvement.
- Work with the product team to size the potential impact of “problems-to-solve” for our business
- Develop comprehensive business metrics and quantitative measurement structure based on product stages and business purposes.
- Design and implement reporting dashboards and the associated data pipeline to deliver insights and improve the workflows of internal teams
- Partner closely with key stakeholders to optimize overall product adoption and performance driven growth. Provide suggestions for improvements to align with the business goal
- Measure and visualize the effectiveness of product updates, conduct research and analysis on various business processes to identify business problems, and further provide optimization suggestions to improve operating efficiency
- Be creative and think outside of the box to bring innovative product solutions to our users.
- 5+ years of experience in data science, algorithmic engineering, or machine learning
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in data analytics related fields
- Ability to conduct rigorous analysis and communicate conclusions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in product analysis. Product management experience is a plus
- Proficiency in SQL, Python
- Solid communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with internal teams in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment
- Proven ability to succeed in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- Experience of launching new consumer product features is a plus
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $124000 - $257920 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
At ByteDance/TikTok our benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support ByteDancers to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off(PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.