TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join Us
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
The Product Data Analytics Team analyzes a combination of product usage and product performance data to derive meaningful insights that would serve as a guide to better product and decision making for our business leaders. As a member of the data science team, you will work with diverse and highly collaborative teams of product managers, engineers, and other data analysts to drive product impact. You will be working on exciting and challenging projects, and convert the insights into real changes, for both new initiatives and scaled products. You are a self-starter who is excited about data, excels in product logic thinking, clear communication, and brings distinctive problem-solving skills and impeccable quantitative modeling experience.
As a Data Scientist, you will be working on designing and monitoring core metrics, identifying the root causes for metric movements through deep dive into the models. The role will cover a wide range of model-driven solutions to deliver superior business outcomes through research and analyses. In particular, this role will leverage the causal structure of user behavior, identify trends and opportunities for user growth and healthy ecosystem, and guide the product team to make best decisions.
- Leverage data to solve challenging business problems from full-spectrum of product and business lines, using analytical and statistical approaches.
- Build and improve applicable statistical models, e.g. LTV and ROI prediction, to guide user growth-related decisions.
- Initiate model-driven analysis to provide deep insights into various products. Catch the common rule of problems and establish the inter-product analytic paradigm.
- Work with Product, Operations, Engineering and cross-functional teams to drive product development through analytic, statistical, and algorithmic expertise
- Design, run and analyze A/B experiments to inform and execute the product strategy, and ultimately improve the product and support business decisions.
- Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g. Statistics, Operations Research, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics).
- 5+ years of experience in statistical modeling(Regression, Classification, Clustering, etc.) and machine learning (deep learning) , and experience in user level modeling preferred.
- Ability to conduct rigorous analysis and communicate conclusions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Proficiency in SQL, Python/R
- Solid communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with internal teams in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment
- Passion for the Internet industry and data analysis.
- Self-starter with the ability of acquiring an in-depth understanding of the relation between data and user experience/product growth.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
【For Pay Transparency】Compensation Description (annually) The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $124000 - $257920 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
At ByteDance/TikTok our benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support ByteDancers to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off(PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.