Data Science Lead, Creator Marketing - MusicFull time
We are looking for a passionate Marketing Data Science Leader to join the Creator Marketing team - Spotify’s division dedicated to helping artists thrive by providing the most valuable tools to create music, build an audience, monetize their fans and ultimately live off their work.
Spotify for Artists is used by more than a million artists monthly to get insights, reach new listeners and deepen their connection with their audience. We are looking to invest in Marketing Data Science as part of the Creator Marketing organization and are seeking a strong leader to build out this capability. We are looking for an experienced Marketing Data Scientist who can generate useful insights and help shape the organization’s strategy by working with the Global Head of Creator Marketing and the leadership team. You will also power some of Spotify’s most impactful creator-facing marketing campaigns: these include global franchises like Spotify Artist Wrapped or Fan Study. Lastly, you’ll be responsible for the measurement of marketing impact, attribution, and incrementally testing while at the same time setting up the data infrastructure to support our long-term marketing vision. In this role, you’ll report to the Head of Creator Marketing. You will also be a part of a wider community of 40+ data scientists and researchers building creator-facing products. This is a crucial role for our organization. The ideal candidate will have impeccable data skills, the ability to work with both marketing managers and engineers and ideally a passion for music.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with cross-functional teams of marketing managers, data scientists and the wider R&D organization who are passionate about helping artists thrive
- Deliver data stories to power Spotify for Artists’s most impactful data storytelling campaigns such as Artist Wrapped and Fan Study
- Use data insights to advise Spotify’s global creator marketing strategy in close partnership with the Creator Marketing leadership team
- Develop metrics & marketing attribution models to improve our understanding of the impact and enable us to iterate
- Develop data-driven case studies to showcase the impact of our products and services that can be used across marketing touchpoints to activate customers
- Build out and maintain dashboards to support data-driven decision-making across the wider Creator Marketing organization.
Who you are:
- 8+ years of experience working with data to drive marketing initiatives
- Experience crafting success metrics, running power analyses, determining statistical significance, and presenting actionable insights with clear recommendations or implications. You have experience with marketing attribution models, causal inference, or marketing mix modeling.
- Experience with data modeling & engineering, including creating robust pipelines pulling data from 3rd party and internal APIs and large-scale datasets.
- You have a good understanding of marketing: you are familiar with marketing channels, SEM, social measurement, the difference between paid and unpaid channels etc
- You are capable of solving loosely defined problems and translating complex thinking into practical applications for diverse audiences.
- You’re a compelling storyteller who can communicate in succinct and inspiring ways to audiences with varied data science experience to influence real-world product or feature decisions
Where you’ll be:
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find a work mode best for them!
- Where in the world? For this role, it can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences. Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
- Working hours? We operate within the Eastern Standard time zone for collaboration
Our global benefits
- Extensive learning opportunities, through our dedicated team, GreenHouse.
- Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
- Global parental leave, six months off - fully paid - for all new parents.
- All The Feels, our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
- Flexible public holidays, swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Learn about life at Spotify
The United States base range for this position is $161,495 - $230,708 plus equity. The benefits available for this position include health insurance, six month paid parental leave, 401(k) retirement plan, monthly meal allowance, 23 paid days off, 13 paid flexible holidays, paid sick leave. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.