Data Science InternFull time
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Creating a life you love also means finding a career that celebrates the unique perspectives and experiences that you bring. As you read through the expectations of the position, consider how your skills and experiences may complement the responsibilities of the role. We encourage you to think through your relevant and transferable skills from prior experiences.
Our new progressive work model is called PinFlex, a term that’s uniquely Pinterest to describe our flexible approach to living and working. Visit our PinFlex landing page to learn more.
We’re looking for a data science intern to help build and scale Pinterest’s approach to experimentation so we can accelerate innovation on our product. You’ll apply quantitative analysis, statistical techniques and data mining skills to understand the limitations of running hundreds of simultaneous experiments, help us draw reliable insights with a fraction of the data, enable us to simplify the interpretation of experiments, and scale the number of experiments we run at Pinterest.
What you’ll do:
- Dive into the code base on your very first day
- Work on high impact projects and help build the future of Pinterest
- Collaborate with engineers across our organization to build new features from scratch
- Continually grow both professionally and personally through various learning and development opportunities
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in a quantitative field
- Preferred candidates are pursuing advanced degrees in statistics, math, economics, applied sciences, or computer science
- Experience using Python or R; SQL a plus
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to tell a complete narrative using data to a variety of audiences
- Ability to connect data analysis to real business problems, in order to impact business performance
This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Our Commitment to Diversity:
Pinterest is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit. We want to have the best qualified people in every job. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic under federal, state, or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you require an accommodation during the job application process, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org for support.