We are looking for a Data Engineering Manager, Data Science Platform. At NVIDIA, we pride ourselves on data-driven decision-making, and the data science team is at the heart of this initiative. Our data science platform serves as the basis for advanced real time data analytics, streaming, data lake and sophisticated ML/AI training with offline/online inferencing for NVIDIA’s cloud services.
We’re looking for an hands-on Data Engineering leader who can bring their experience, ideas and vision to build and mange data engineering team. The perfect candidate will have strong data architecture and data infrastructure skills, a proven track record of leading, growing and scaling data teams, strong operational skills to drive efficiency and speed.
What you’ll be doing:
- Drive the roadmap for Data Science engineering team and support customers with strong SLAs.
- Build, lead and grow a team of data and software engineers.
- Design and build self serve data science platform.
- Partner with our other engineering, business, audit and compliance teams to execute the roadmap.
- Drive meetings and lead discussions. Prioritize projects across the team and allocate resources to meet business and team goals.
What we need to see:
- Experience scaling data engineering teams and leading 5+ person teams.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field with 10+ overall years of software engineering experience.
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles.
- Communication and leadership experience, with proven track record of initiating and driving projects.
- Excellent SW development skills in one or more: Java/Scala/Python/Go.
- Strong knowledge on building cloud-native applications.
- Passion for data engineering and operational excellence.
- Experience with hiring, mentoring, and leading teams of software engineers and data engineers.
- Hands-on experience in a highly-available big data ecosystem (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka) at non-trivial scale.
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
Experience managing global teams.
India, Pune India, Bengaluru India, Hyderabad
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
NVIDIA is leading the way in groundbreaking developments in Artificial Intelligence, High-Performance Computing and Visualization. The GPU, our invention, serves as the visual cortex of modern computers and is at the heart of our products and services. Our work opens up new universes to explore, enables amazing creativity and discovery, and powers what were once science fiction inventions from artificial intelligence to autonomous cars. NVIDIA is looking for great people like you to help us accelerate the next wave of artificial intelligence.