Garner’s mission is to transform the healthcare economy, delivering high quality and affordable care for all. By helping employers restructure their healthcare benefit to provide clear incentives and data-driven insights, we direct employees to higher quality and lower cost healthcare providers. The result is that patients get better health outcomes while doctors are rewarded for practicing well, not performing more procedures. We are backed by top-tier venture capital firms, are growing rapidly and looking to expand our team.
We’re looking for a Data Science Engineer to join our team. This individual will help us improve our proprietary algorithms that rank individual doctor quality. These algorithms are a key component of the company’s product that significantly decreases healthcare costs while improving clinical outcomes. We’re looking for someone with a strong track record in building and deploying complex analytics.
Garner is headquartered in NYC. This role can be hybrid or remote.
Responsibilities will include:
- Conduct deep research to develop methodologies that measure the quality and efficiency of doctors
- Design and implement models that predict the validity of provider information including practice address and contact information
- Architect and deploy high-quality code alongside data engineers and backend engineers that will process claims data and derive scores for individual doctors
- Collaborate with Algorithms Product Managers, Clinical Researchers, and Engineers of all disciplines to continuously improve our ranking and directory ecosystems
The ideal candidate has:
- 1 year of professional experience in a fast-paced work environment
- A demonstrated ability to independently solve difficult problems and deliver high quality results to senior stakeholders
- A desire to write sophisticated code in Python and SQL for production systems. Bonus for experience with data architecture
- Strong conceptual thinking: the ability to understand complex systems and think in frameworks
- A desire to work in a rapidly evolving startup environment
- A desire to be a part of our mission to improve the healthcare system
The salary range for this position is $110,000 - $145,000 annually. Compensation for this role will depend on a variety of factors including qualifications, skills, and applicable laws. In addition to base compensation, this role is eligible to participate in our equity incentive and competitive benefits plans.
Garner Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Garner Health is committed to providing accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at email@example.com.