Director, Data ScienceFull time
What you’ll do…
Join the new Retail Intelligence Team!
The Director of Retail Sciences – Customer will lead the team responsible for the development of Digital Twins and Intelligent Agents. The Digital Twin simulations will be used to create digital experiments to support process transformation and operational decision making prior to full implementation. This exciting opportunity will lead a team of data scientists embedded within the business unit to develop tools that highlight the impact of investment and operational decisions on the Customer, Associate and Shareholder. This leader will work with other teams within the Walmart E2E Fulfillment organization (data governance, data science management, analytics, operations) as well as teams across WMT US (Operations, Supply Chain, Merchandising, Finance). The role is based out of Bentonville Arkansas and reports to the Sr. Director of Retail Intelligence – Customer.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if…
- You’re a storyteller - a master at making complex subjects easily understood through compelling stories and visuals
- You have experience in the development of discrete event simulations
- You are skilled in Python. R, Scala are optional
- You are experienced in Reinforcement Learning and Multi Agent Reinforcement Learning.
- You are experienced with operational research (OR), modeling, statistics, optimization, statistical modeling, neural nets. Familiar with ML frameworks: Scikit learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch, MXNet.
- You are experienced in basic ETL practices. SQL experience is required, working experience in SparkSQL or PySpark is preferred.
- You have experience with cloud environment including Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Solid MLOps practices including good design documentation, unit testing, integration testing and source code control (git).
- You’re stimulated by challenges and are ready to engage at Fortune 1 scale
You’ll make an impact by…
- Lead team to translate business process schematics into simulations (DES) that will enable business experimentation in/around process redesign and operational decision making.
- Create modular digital twins that span the entire enterprise to help leadership understand operational and investment decision impacts on the associate, customer, and/or financial priorities. Integrate consumer intelligence from Prediction/Causal Inference teams into end-to-end simulations to understand customer impact.
- Design & rapidly prototype tools that demonstrate interdependency of decision making across multiple actors/agents and business units.
- Develop Intelligent Agents to automate the simulation decisioning process and create recommendations for business operations team.
- Identify data collection opportunities to power high fidelity digital twins for both physical/digital assets.
- The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
- Option 1: Bachelors degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 6 years' experience in an analytics related field.
- Option 2: Masters degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 4 years' experience in an analytics related field.
- Option 3: 8 years' experience in an analytics or related field
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, PhD in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Supervisory experience, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch)