Data Science Director, Reality Labs - Sales AnalyticsFull time
Data Science Director, Reality Labs - Sales Analytics
We are seeking a Director of Sales Analytics for our Reality Labs division at Meta. This individual will lead a team of 20+ sales analytics professionals, responsible for creating and driving high impact analytics and data science priorities for our VR, AR and Meta for Work products and services. With a diverse set of customers and a global, omnichannel approach, experience with retail, commercial, direct and carriers is a plus. The ideal candidate will have a proven record of success in leading large teams, utilizing data-driven decision making, and has extensive experience in hardware/gaming/SaaS and international market strategies.
Data Science Director, Reality Labs - Sales Analytics Responsibilities
- Oversee a large sales analytics team
- Build and maintain an inclusive, high-performing team environment that encourages creativity, innovation, and professional growth.
- Define and execute a global omnichannel retail strategy that optimizes the customer journey across multiple platforms, including in-store, online, mobile, and social.
- Define and execute a global B2B SaaS strategy that optimizes the business customer journey and the corresponding pipeline health.
- Analyze and interpret complex sales data to inform strategic decisions related to product placement, pricing, and promotion strategies, ensuring consistency across international markets.
- Develop and implement robust forecasting models for hardware and gaming product lines to inform production planning and supply chain management.
- Liaise with other leaders to ensure alignment with overall company strategies, operational capabilities, and customer needs.
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Marketing, and other teams to identify new business opportunities and optimize sales performance.
- Continually monitor, analyze, and report on key sales performance metrics, sharing insights and recommendations to stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Identify and drive improvements in systems, processes, and tools to enhance the efficiency and accuracy of sales analytics.
- Ability to travel internationally as required.
- Experience understanding of advanced analytics techniques and tools, with the experience to translate complex data into actionable strategies.
- Proven leadership and team management skills, with a focus on developing talent and fostering a positive and inclusive team culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Statistics, or related field. Master’s degree or MBA.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in sales analytics, with at least 5 years in a leadership role managing large teams.
- Proven experience in omnichannel retail strategy, hardware/gaming industry, and international markets.
- Proven communication and presentation skills, with the experience to influence and engage stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Experience project management and organizational skills, with a track record of leading teams to meet ambitious goals within tight deadlines.
- Experience initiating and driving projects to completion autonomously.
- Experience and track record influencing cross org decisions/successful virtual teams.
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com.
$243,000/year to $312,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Individual pay is determined by skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Compensation details listed in this posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity or sales incentives, if applicable. In addition to base salary, Meta offers benefits. Learn more about benefits at Meta.