We are looking for a Data Science Director IC who is passionate about the development, measurement and investment strategies of the Monetization Ranking AI space. The Monetization AI system leverages state-of-the-art Machine Learning/AI in our quest to make every ad impression meaningful. It is the heart of the whole ads experience we offer to users and advertisers. It produced the vast majority of Meta’s revenue.
The mission of the role is to help drive data-informed decisions and help shape the long term strategic direction and operational model of the Monetization AI Ranking space in an IC capacity. The Data Science Director will partner with Engineering and Product executives across Meta Ads, Family of Apps Monetization teams. The ideal candidate has rich experience with large-scale AI development, measurement and data product background, and is excited about cutting edge AI development. They have a track record of being able to influence executives with their data, framing, technical and communication skills.
Data Science Director IC, Monetization AI Ranking Responsibilities
- Partner with Engineering, Product, and cross-functional teams to inform, influence, support, and execute strategy as well as investment decisions for the Ads AI space
- Contribute to long-term technical vision and strategy on analytics methods and metrics that will improve the quality and efficiency of Ads AI at scale
- Work with engineering and other data scientists to build and improve AI development, AI automation, experimentation and measurement methods and metrics, ensuring high-quality throughput and impact
- Develop understanding of complex and large scale AI development, experimentation and measurement system, as well as broader industry challenges, to identify present and future risks and opportunities
- Inspire, lead and grow a team of data scientists and managers across multiple teams in close collaboration with other Data Science Directors and Managers
- Intellectual curiosity and drive, decisiveness, comfort with ambiguity and complexity
- Bachelors/Masters in a quantitative discipline (e.g., AI, statistics, operations research, econometrics, computer science, engineering) with 10+ years (or PhD with 8+ years)
- 6+ years of work experience leading analytics work in IC capacity, working collaboratively with Engineering and cross-functional partners, and guiding data-influenced product planning, prioritization and strategy development
- Knowledge to work effectively with multiple stakeholders and cross-functionally, including Engineering, PM/TPM, Analytics and Finance
- Effective framing and communication skills
- Experience working on large scale AI systems from the aspect of ML technology, automation, A/B testing platforms, AI infrastructure and operationalization
- Ads business and product experience
Meta builds technologies that help people connect, find communities, and grow businesses. When Facebook launched in 2004, it changed the way people connect. Apps like Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp further empowered billions around the world. Now, Meta is moving beyond 2D screens toward immersive experiences like augmented and virtual reality to help build the next evolution in social technology. People who choose to build their careers by building with us at Meta help shape a future that will take us beyond what digital connection makes possible today—beyond the constraints of screens, the limits of distance, and even the rules of physics.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable support (called accommodations) in our recruiting processes for candidates with disabilities, long term conditions, mental health conditions or sincerely held religious beliefs, or who are neurodivergent or require pregnancy-related support. If you need support, please reach out to email@example.com. $243,000/year to $312,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
Individual pay is determined by skills, qualifications, experience, and location. Compensation details listed in this posting reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity or sales incentives, if applicable. In addition to base salary, Meta offers benefits. Learn more about benefits at Meta.
Locations: Sunnyvale, CA | Menlo Park, CA