Cyber Data Science EngineerFull time
IndustryBusiness Consulting and Services
The Cyber Data Science Engineer provides support to the customer in the area of Cyber Security. Daily Tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Compile’s information to develop the weekly, monthly, and annual customer “Cyber Snapshot.” Reporting metrics on cases and incidents that have happened over the period as well as items of interest on Cyber Security that would be of interest to senior management.
- Verifies/validates systems with specific emphasis on network operations and cyber warfare tactics, techniques, and procedures focused on the threat to information networks.
- Assesses security performance using evaluation criteria and technical performance measures.
- Prepares assessments and cyber threat profiles of current and planned products based on sophisticated testing, research, and
- Participates in design reviews of components (hardware and software) to ensure applicability to the current system and traceability of requirements.
- Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements
- Produces high-quality papers, presentations, recommendations, and findings for senior US government intelligence and operations officials.
- Provide identification and classification of system and network vulnerabilities, providing mitigation and remediation recommendations.
- Analyzes policies and procedures against Federal laws and regulations and provides recommendations for closing gaps.
- Develops strategies to comply with privacy and risk management requirements.
- Prepare threat analysis reports.
- Create Indications of Compromise for new and existing malware.
- Participate in Cyber Defense Working Groups, forums, and IPTS. Provide cyber defense guidance.
- Current U.S. Government Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
- Favorably adjudicated Polygraph.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) or an advanced IA certification.
- DoD 8570 certification in IAT or IAM.
- Experience in security systems engineering involving various computer hardware and software operation systems and application solutions in both stand-alone and LAN/WAN configurations Experience with security features and/or vulnerability of various operating systems as defined by NIST, DISA (STIGs), and USCYBERCOM.
- Experience with networks and systems security administration, operation systems security configuration and account management best practices. Solid understanding of network intrusion detection methods and techniques.
- Experience with SIEM technology and applications such as ArcSight or Splunk.
- Experience with FireEye or experience with an equivalent “endpoint agent” application Experience in responding to detected security incidents.
- Experience implementing RMF Process and NIST 800-53 technical controls, as well as developing and maintaining associated certification and accreditation documentation.
- Self-starter requiring limited direction and supervision.
- Experience working in a Network Security Operations Center.
- An understanding of satellite communication networks Experience briefing senior customer personnel.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous customer requests in a fast pace deadline driven environment.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Familiarity with customer’s IA processes.
- Experience supporting IC or DoD in the Cyber Security Domain. Cyber Data