At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
For Boeing Digital Aviation Solution, Artificial intelligence is no longer the future; you will be part of a team that creates innovative digital aviation solutions that drive the future and evolution of Digital Aviation and enable our customers to transform the way they do business. Using agile digital technology, our solutions optimize all aspects of the flight ecosystem including safety, environmental sustainability, and efficiency – delivering value and protecting our customers and the planet.
Boeing Digital Aviation Solutions is currently seeking a Chief Data Scientist to join the Boeing Digital Aviation Solutions Organization in Englewood CO, Seattle WA or Washington DC.
Position Responsibilities include:
- Drive, design & develop ML projects as the principal point-of-contact
- Lead Applied AI strategies across Digital Aviation Solution customer facing business lines
- Identify opportunities to drive new business with AI, defining and executing on the AI roadmap
- Collaborate with Chief Software & Chief Platform architects to build a scalable and reliable AI architecture patterns
- Fostering a culture of AI-driven innovation—ensuring that everyone understands why AI is important to the future of the business and how it will affect their role.
- Defining and ensuring regulation and compliance that involve AI.
- Foster the creation of a data-driven culture, related competencies and data literacy across the Organization.
This position is hybrid. This means that the selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options, Englewood CO, Seattle WA, or Washington DC. This is at the hiring team’s discretion and could potentially change in the future.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Master’s or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, similar field of study or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience leading Applied AI/Data Science Strategy in aviation or similar industry
- Proficient in deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch and TensorFlow, and programming languages such as python or java.
- Experience in advanced concepts such as supervised learning, reinforcement learning and active learning
- A strong, influential, innovative, and collaborative leader that can work in a global team
- Strong background with optimizing and validating models
- Experience with Prediction models, including time series models, regressors.
- Experience with GenAI models, including LLMs
- 5+ years of experience working with internal and external customers
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience, 18 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility to the Englewood Colorado location only.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
“At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the information shown below is a general guideline only. Pay is based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: $181,900.00- $246,100.00
Export Control Requirements: Not an export control position
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Location: Englewood, Colorado; Seattle, Washington; Washington D.C., District of Columbia