TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, Mountain View, New York, Austin, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, São Paulo, Seoul and Tokyo.
Why Join US
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
The e-commerce alliance team aims to serve merchants and creators in the e-commerce platform to meet merchants' business indicators and improve creators' creative efficiency. By cooperating with merchants and creators, we aim to provide high-quality content and a personalized shopping experience for TikTok users, create efficient shopping tools at seller centers, and promote cooperation between merchants and creators.
We are looking for an Applied Scientist to join our Global E-Commerce Alliance Team. The individual will be responsible for driving innovative and practical solutions that impact our search system through machine learning models. As part of the role, the Applied Scientist will work with cross-functional teams, influencing decision-making across multiple teams within the business. The successful candidate will have strong expertise in machine learning and have the ability to leverage this to improve our search systems.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to develop and implement advanced machine learning algorithms to improve the search and recommendation systems.
- Define the scope and design end-to-end machine learning models for search systems.
- Analyze complex, large-scale data to extract insights and to identify potential areas where our search system can be improved.
- Create, test, implement, and iterate on machine learning models to optimize search functions and improve the user experience.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in machine learning and search systems.
- Present complex findings and algorithms to a non-technical audience and influence decision-making.
- Follow strict data governance and privacy policies to ensure that user data is handled with the utmost care.
- PhD, Master or Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related quantitative field.
- Extensive experience in machine learning, deep learning, data mining, or artificial intelligence.
- Strong programming skills in Python, C++, Java, GO, or similar.
- Strong knowledge of search algorithms, information retrieval, and ranking systems.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP) techniques.
- Proven modeling/algorithms competition records on Kaggle or top conferences’ challenges.
- Proven programming competition records on ICPC, IOI or USACO.
- Experience working with recommendation systems, computational advertising, search engine, E-commerce search systems.
- Publication records in machine learning or related conferences or journals is a plus.
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in our recruitment processes for candidates with disabilities, pregnancy, sincerely held religious beliefs or other reasons protected by applicable laws. If you need assistance or a reasonable accommodation, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
【For Pay Transparency】Compensation Description (annually) The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $136000 - $205000 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
Our company benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support our employees to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, approximately 75% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off (PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cellphone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.