Join us in the evolution of Amazon’s Seller business! The Selling Partner Recruitment and Success organization is the growth and development engine for our Store. Partnering with business, product, and engineering, we catalyze SP growth with comprehensive and accurate data, unique insights, and actionable recommendations and collaborate with WW SP facing teams to drive adoption and create feedback loops. We strongly believe that any motivated SP should be able to grow their businesses and reach their full potential by using our scaled, automated, and self-service tools.
We aim to provide intelligent insights that are granular and actionable to help Sellers launch new products and engage with customers. To achieve that, we leverage the deep structured and unstructured data to create science-based insights about their business and surface insights and recommend actions to Sellers via our products, such as Amazon Brand Analytics (ABA) and Opportunity Explorer (OX). We are looking for a talented and passionate Applied Science Manager to manage our growing team of Applied Scientists and Data Scientists to build world class statistical and machine learning models, working closely with PM, UX, engineering, Seller Growth Consulting teams to provide actionable insights to improve SPs' business.
This role combines science leadership, organizational ability, technical strength, product focus, and business understanding. As a leader, you will lead and work with scientists to understand seller business, identify opportunities, extract insights and solve the problems using data-driven algorithms and bring the solutions to seller-facing products. You should be willing to dive deep when needed, move rapidly with a bias for action, and get things done. You should have an entrepreneurial spirit, love autonomy, know how to build and deliver pioneering solutions to challenging problems. This role will demand resourcefulness and a fearless willingness to learn on both the technical and business side.
Key job responsibilities
(1) Lead a team of scientists in identifying opportunities for Sellers and building scalable machine learning solutions. (2) Define a long-term science vision, driven from our sellers’ needs, translating that direction into science roadmaps, and foster cross-team collaboration to execute complex projects. (3) Own science team roadmap, balance multiple projects efficiently and achieve goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. (4) Collaborate effectively with program/product managers, and business leadership to deliver science-based seller facing products. (5) Grow and manage a science team, actively mentoring, developing, and promoting team members. (6) Act as a technical supervisor, able to assess scientific direction, technical design documents, and steer development efforts to maximize project delivery.
A day in the life
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New York, NY, USA | Seattle, WA, USA
- 3+ years of scientists or machine learning engineers management experience
- 3+ years of building machine learning models or developing algorithms for business application experience
- 6+ years of applied research experience
- PhD, or Master’s degree
- Experience programming in Java, C++, Python or related language
- Experience directly managing scientists or machine learning engineers
- 7+ years of building machine learning models or developing algorithms for business application experience
- 5+ years of scientists or machine learning engineers management experience
- Knowledge of machine learning approaches and algorithms
- PhD in engineering, technology, computer science, machine learning, robotics, operations research, statistics, mathematics or equivalent quantitative field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $147,100/year in our lowest geographic market up to $286,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.