Applied Data Scientist, ML and DL Engineer - CybersecurityFull time
NVIDIA has been redefining computer graphics, PC gaming, and accelerated computing for more than 25 years. It’s a unique legacy of innovation that’s fueled by great technology—and outstanding people! Today, we’re tapping into the unlimited potential of AI to define the next era of computing. An era in which our GPU acts as the brains of computers, robots, and self-driving cars that can understand the world. Doing what’s never been done before takes vision, innovation, and the world’s best talent. As an NVIDIAN, you’ll be immersed in a diverse, supportive environment where everyone is inspired to do their best work. Come join the team and see how you can make a lasting impact on the world!
NVIDIA is hiring applied data scientists and ML/DL engineers to scale-up its cybersecurity development efforts that span accelerated computing (Morpheus), generative AI, confidential computing, and networking. You will need to have excellent analytical skills, a solid data science foundation, prior experience with data analysis at scale, and excellent communication skills. Together with other specialists, we will advance NVIDIA’s capability to build and deploy core frameworks, revolutionizing cybersecurity applications for our customers.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working with a multi-functional team of backend engineers, data engineers, data scientists, and developers to build out cybersecurity SDKs and capabilities, adding critical new use cases and applications that increase out-of-the-box capabilities of SDKs like Morpheus while illustrating the power of the SDK for developers and ISVs
- Crafting proof-of-concept workflows rooted in first principles that apply modern data science techniques to security use cases
- Migrating prototyped workflows to hardened enterprise ready workflows, creating end-to-end pipelines that are suitable for deployment in production environments
- Collaborating with multiple teams (internal and external) to translate cybersecurity requirements and use cases into core functionality
What We Need to See:
- BS or MS (or equivalent experience) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, or a closely related field
- 8+ years of experience in a similar or related role
- Proven experience in data science or software development, including common PyData ecosystem toolkits
- Strong programming skills in Python, as well as comfort using Linux and typical development tools (e.g., GitHub, Docker)
- Great motivation, with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate highly technical concepts with non-technical audiences
Ways to Stand Out from the crowd:
- Demonstrated history of contributing to open-source software projects
- Prior experience developing ML/DL pipelines that apply deep learning techniques to novel problems
- Familiarity with implementing Python unit tests
- Previous real-world experiencing developing models for cybersecurity use cases or developing models that apply to data at large scales (TB+)
- Experience with ML deployment lifecycle including model monitoring and retraining
- US, VA, Remote
- US, TX, Austin
- US, NC, Durham
- US, CO, Boulder
- US, CA, Santa Clara
Widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers, NVIDIA offers highly competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. As you plan your future, see what we can offer to you and your family www.nvidiabenefits.com.
The base salary range is 176,000 USD - 333,500 USD. Your base salary will be determined based on your location, experience, and the pay of employees in similar positions. You will also be eligible for equity and benefits. NVIDIA accepts applications on an ongoing basis.
NVIDIA is committed to fostering a diverse work environment and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.